Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No Natural Fibers

Strangely, the title "No Natural Fibers" made me think of this song, "No Sunlight".  The human/stuffed monkey brain works in mysterious ways...

So, while getting dressed today I chose (through all fault of my own) no natural fibers.  Once I chose what have to be the world's ugliest trousers (which I think I will soon be giving away, as they are INCREDIBLY unflattering as well, and weirdly shaped), the die was cast, and the unflattering, mademade-fiber-outfit fairly built itself!

See for yourself!  View the hideousness in all its manmade fiber glory!!



Am I right?

In other news, I have not accomplished all that I had wanted to in my little sweatshop.  But sometimes my goals are bigger than my eyes (my eyes are bigger my stomach, or something).  But I have made headway in some areas.  Mr. Cereal's Christmas gifts are underway (yes, it is January), my sister's birthday gifts are underway (her birthday is Friday, and I am searching for something that needs to be worked on.... I bought it at Thanksgiving and it may be (I am hoping!) in my blackhole of a closet).  My stepbrother's gift is coming along nicely (Christmas!).  There are still things under the tree for folks... and cards to make and gifts to wrap...

For years now I've been slowing down at Christmas time. I feel the innate guilt of a defunct catholic over late cards and gifts (I do enjoy sending mail and post!), plus my own special guilt. I really do want to send things.  But somehow my mind is plotting against me.

What's really important, though, is my little sister's birthday.  
I remember the day she was born in 1980.  She is the best thing that ever happened to me and I love her to pieces.  She normally has a crappy birthday (she does not always get the friends she deserves) and I am trying to make her days special.  So this just serves as a special kick-in-the-ass talk to myself, reminding me not to let myself down, to treat her as well as I should, as well as I want to.  To treat her as well as you treat the person who is the best thing to ever happen to you.  The one person you remember since BEFORE they were born.

She doesn't always show it, but she's HYSTERICALLY funny.  And she is always super smart (like Russian super computer!).  And she's my person, even though she sometimes wishes she had more people.
As the Amish say-- a-woo-woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment